Having gotten this question a few times, I thought it was something I could address in a post. False lashes are fun. They range from neutral (ish) to extremely dramatic, and they can really add a lot to your makeup look. The problem is that they can be pretty pricey. The average pair of Ardell lashes (probably the most popular brand of fake lashes) costs about $4. Did you hear me? $4 for ONE pair of lashes! So the question here is can you reuse fake lashes?
And the answer is absolutely. Of course, they’re not going to last forever, and the quality of the lashes you buy and how you take care of them will impact how many times you can reuse your false lashes.
There are several factors that will play into how many times you can reuse lashes. How good of quality are the falsies? What glue are you using to put on your lashes? Are you keeping the lashes clean between uses? All of these are extremely important in ensuring your lashes will be reusable.
Find Your Falsies
I highly recommend investing in good quality brands when purchasing your fake lashes. Brands like Ardell and Eylure are great places to start. It doesn’t really matter what model of lashes you get – just buy the ones that you like the best!
Personally, I love wispies. But no matter what brand you get, I would recommend only purchasing eyelashes with a thin band. The thicker bands tend to be very uncomfortable to wear, and I find that in recent years, the thick banded eyelashes are harder to find anyways.
Which lash glue should you use?
Once you’ve got a great pair of false lashes, you’ll also want to invest in a good lash glue. I can’t stress how important this is! Don’t go with anything too cheap, because you have to remember that the glue is going onto your expensive lashes which you want to reuse! I use Duo Lash glue, and I know that’s a really popular one. I highly recommend it, but whichever you use, just make sure you read up on it so you know what you’re getting!
You’ve used them once.. Now what?
This is the part that really really matters. Well, they all matter, but no matter what glue or lashes you use.. if you don’t keep them clean, you’re not going to be able to reuse them for really long.
- If you follow these easy steps, you should be able to reuse your fake lashes as many as 5 or 6 times! Heck of a lot better than using them once and tossing them!
- Take a Q-tip and dip it into your makeup removing solution (or if you don’t have any, you can use your household isopropyl alcohol – just make sure the lashes have adequate time to dry before you put them on again). Then take the Q-tip and run it along the base of the lashes. You’ll want to be as careful as possible while removing as much of the glue as you can.
- Then you’ll also want to run the Q-tip along the lashes themselves. You probably used mascara to bind your real eyelashes and your fake ones together, so you’ll want to remove as much of that as possible.
- The Q-tip won’t remove all of the glue and residue left from use, but just use your fingers to peel off the excess glue you can. I usually don’t have a lot of trouble doing this. After the first two steps, a lot of the glue is loosened.
- Now you’re done! Just put your falsies back into their original packing to help keep their shape 🙂
If anyone else has any tips on reusing your lashes, please leave me a comment about it down below!